Tuesday 6 January 2009

Community Photo Challenge ~ Alphabet



The Alphabet Challenge in shapes.This main challenge may take months to create. It is a challenge, that I have seen before & I thought it would be fun. It will train your eye to find shapes & letters in everything you see. You should be able to find the alphabet in shapes & not use the actually letters in signs, try to use shapes & objects that you see in your journey through discovering the world around you..Once you've collected your images, you will then make a collage of all the letters you have found. If finding the whole alphabet is too much for you, you can just do the letters of your name.Soooo lets start here;Part 1 -You can start by finding the letters of your name.Part 2- The Whole Alphabet-optional.Once you have finish your name, post it on your blog, come back here & add it to our challenge comment section. You may continue & finish the whole alphabet, it's up to you. Both Part 1 & 2 will be included in the same challenge.I will leave a direct link on the sidebar to this challenge for easy access. Once you complete Part 1, post it. You then you have the option to continue to Part 2, if you want.For those unable to do a collage. You may enter each letter separately, but small, side by side on a post.Here are some exampleshttp://www.beyondphototips.com/2008/01/26/photo-project-the-urban-alphabet/
http://www.pbase.com/tfredriksen/image/70674994
http://www.pbase.com/abbarich/image/18004012

This challenge is really, as it's name suggests, a challenge! After not knowing where to start and not wanting to go out in the cold (it's 21F out there!) I decided to look around indoors for inspiration. With a little help from an umbrella, nail clippers, bag clasp and handles, a dumbell and fairy lights among others, I managed to at least complete my name!
Come on, let's see what you can do!




Jeannette.

8 comments:

  1. Thats pretty cool. I went and did the whole thing. lol I was just trying to do my name at first but as I was looking around the house I started seeing more lol I guess it looks like it. I tryed so yeah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT JOB, Jeanette!
    You were the first! I am glad you tried it & hope you continue with the alphabet....someday...Ü
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..you did it! great job too. i'm still looking...maybe i need to start thinking outside the box....but for the life of me, it's hard to find a's and g's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! This is neat.. I need to start looking; it's like a scavenger hunt.

    *M*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeannette, that is a great job well done. Especially with your long name, and you were worried? YOu done it well.NAncy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeannie,

    I love yours. I had a hard time with the "N" and you had two! I also love your "E" made out of the pennants. Awesome!

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did such a wonderful job on this one!! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a 62yr old AOL refugee, living on the south coast of England. I love travelling and sharing my photos. I live with Nina and Katinka, my two Maine Coon cats.